A man was rushed to the emergency room under extremely embarrassing circumstances. A man in Italy decided to pleasure himself by placing a drinking glass up his wazoo. I believe the proper term for that is innuendo. But (pun intended) when he tried to take the glass out, it shattered, leaving him with sharp pieces of glass in his rectum.
An Italian man was lucky to escape serious injury after a drinking glass he had shoved up his anus for pleasure shattered.
The unnamed patient, believed to be from Milan, told doctors he put the object up his bottom for ‘sexual stimulation’.
But when he tried to remove the 8cm by 6cm drinking vessel, it broke and sharp pieces of glass were left scattered inside him.
He eventually sought medical help two days later when he became worried about his safety – despite being in no pain.
The patient, who had a history of cocaine abuse, was then immediately transferred to the operating theatre.
Surgeons dilated his rectum, allowing for them to widen his passage to enable an examination device to enter.
Sharp fragments were then extracted, before the remainder of the glass was picked out using forceps.
Upon further inspection, the team at the 2IRCCS Policlinico San Donato Surgery found no other fragments of glass.
However, the patient did complain of abdominal pain, suggesting that not all of the fragments were removed.
But the doctors found no pieces were remaining.
OBJECTS EXPERTS SAY YOU SHOULDN’T PUT IN YOUR ANUS
There are a range of sexual toys designed specifically for the anus of men and women available on the market.
This is because the anus is much more sensitive and requires smoother objects to enter it for stimulation.
All objects designed for anal sex also have a flared base which prevents it from ever getting sucked inside by the anus’ very strong muscles.
But people have long experimented with different objects in their anus, which risk their health.
In an online forum, doctors say that anal masturbation with appropriate toys or fingers is fine, but other objects can tear tissue and even lead to a perforated colon. Other doctors warn of an anal sphincter injury leading to incontinence.
Dr Michael Brady, medical director at Terrence Higgins Trust, said: ‘Sex toys and other objects can be a safe and enjoyable part of a healthy sex life but it’s important to use common sense when choosing an object.
‘Anything with sharp edges or made of glass can shatter and tear the internal lining, which can cause injury and infections, as well as giving viruses an easier route into the body.
‘Anything that is inserted into the body should be smooth, non-fragile and easily retrievable.’