Have you ever had something break in your home you couldn’t afford to have repaired? It’s happened to me a time or two but I never got this desperate. They do look funny but some of them are downright dangerous and could kill you. That would spoil your whole day and there’s no fix for that.
I can remember when a fuse would blow and we were out of new fuses, we would use a penny to override the fuse. My mother loved books with a passion and you didn’t dare use one to level a table but we all know it’s common.
We all know someone who thinks they’re a dab hand at DIY, but sometimes it really is best to just call in a professional.
Now the blog There, I fixed it is documenting the most woeful home improvement fails that are both hilarious and worryingly unsafe at the same time.
From taping a key to the end of a faulty plug and shoving it in a socket, to using books instead of bricks for essential structural repairs, these photos show that some people would be wisest to step away from the tool box.
I have a table just like this
Broken tap? No problem
Wiring for dummies
Hey, if you have to replace the seat anyway, you might as well make it more suitable for someone with long legs
Mom would not be pleased
Multi tasking made simple
I have no idea what to say about this
That’s one way to keep your laptop from overheating
Fortunately this guy had a bottle of body wash or he’d have been in big trouble
Pay no attention to the sparks
This probably comes in handy if you need to cut the cheese
Wait til you see the shower caddy
For that industrial strength toilet paper
Wall to wall picture and sound
All he needs is a fan to keep it cool
Not for the mentally unbalanced
Make up your own comment
Lose your teapot lid? Well, fork it
This air conditioner ain’t cool, man
At least you don’t have to worry about losing the key
I’m shocked. This could be a revolting development