Every business has secrets, but what’s important is whether those secrets are well kept enough, like KFC chicken or the special sauce on the Big Mac. A McDonald’s employee has spilled his guts to a Cosmopolitan reporter. He or she revealed twelve secrets of McDonald’s.
1. Eat the leftovers once the restaurant closes. Freshly cooked nuggets we miiiight have accidentally cooked five minutes before closing taste even better after a ten hour shift.
2. If you’re rude to us we’ll subliminally get our own back. Extra ice in your coke? Squashing your burger before we put it in the bag? Only half filling your fry box?Missing something off your order on purpose? Check. Check. Check. Check.
3. Sometimes your vanilla milkshake will have no flavor in it because we can’t be arsed to replace the empty bag of syrup. Plain shake mix is basically vanilla anyway, right?
4. We customize our own burgers to eat during breaks and basically created these secret menu hacks. A Big Mac with bacon? A McChicken Sandwich with cheese? Or that Chicken Big Mac that’s only available in Australia? Yep, we’ve definitely made that before.
5. If you’re kind and polite, we’ll probably give you extra McFlurry toppings. Have you ever had caramel sauce on a Crunchie McFlurry? Or had sauce and chocolate at the bottom of the cup, ice-cream in the middle and more sauce and chocolate on the top? Bloody fantastic, believe us.
6. We’ve definitely said we’ve run out of apple pies, even if we haven’t because they take approx. 4000 years to cook and literally nobody has time for that. Sorry.
7. We may or may not take advantage of the Monopoly vouchers we find lying around. Sure, why wouldn’t we go to another restaurant and get a free Sausage and Egg McMuffin or Cheeseburger? Free food is free food.
8. And those free coffee vouchers you hand over when you’ve painstakingly collected all six stickers? Yeah, we don’t always rip those up and put them in the bin like we should…
9. If we go for a ‘toilet break’ mid-shift, we usually go for a snack break, too. Maybe a bottle of orange juice or a flake from the huge walk-in chillers out the back.
10. Fish fingers for Happy Meals are usually always cooked to order but if we have a Filet-o-Fish ready to go, we may occasionally cut that into three and serve it instead. It’s practically the same thing, right?
11. We may not serve mayo, but we do have it in the kitchen. Ask us nicely and we’ll squirt some into an ice-cream sundae lid for you. Oh, and FYI? The sauces in a McChicken Sandwich, a Mayo Chicken and a Chicken Legend are all different. Legend mayo is the best, no arguing.
12. Play cricket with the old chicken nuggets. Before we chuck old nuggets out, we’ll sometimes have some fun with them. You only need two people to play, one to bat (using a bun spatula as the racket, obvs) and the other person to bowl. Nugget football works too. Waste not want not!