I don’t like to think of myself as lazy. I am, I just don’t like to think about it. Some of these hacks I already use and you can bet I will try others included here.
1. 5 minute microwave cleaner. Fill a glass bowl or ceramic cup with water and a halved lemon. Microwave it for a few minutes until the water boils. Then wipe it down with a cloth. (Dawn dish detergent works as well)
2. Blender cleaner. You made yourself a smoothie but now you don’t feel like disassembling the blender to clean it. Just fill it with water and a few drops of dish soap and blend thoroughly. Dump that soapy water, then fill the blender again with plain water and blend again.
3. Pans and pots. To remove the built-up scorching in a pan, just fill it with equal parts water and vinegar and boil. Then take the pan off the heat and add two tablespoon of baking soda. Then, empty the pan in the sink and scrub away.
4. Cloudy glasses. You’ll start to notice that the mixture of equal parts vinegar and water is a miracle worker. Just spray cloudy glasses with that mixture and wipe using a paper towel.
5. Every time you get up to move around your place, put one thing in the place where it belongs. So if you have laundry or dishes laying around, this is a perfect way to turn that big chore into smaller ones.
6. Buy a good doormat. That way your floors will start to look cleaner. If you want to make the job of cleaning the floor easier, you could also enforce a “Shoes At The Door” policy.
7. While you’re cooking, keep a plastic bag close to you. That way you don’t have to make a trip to the garbage can every time you need to dump some peeling or wrapping.
8. Keep the inside of your refrigerator wrapped in Press N’ Seal wrap or plastic food wrapping. Again, the priority here is to prevent. You never know when you’ll spill something in your fridge.
9. Save those used dryer sheets. You can use them to wipe surfaces that tend to get dusty.
10. Sock puppet blinds cleaner. I’m 100% certain that every blind in your house is covered with a sheet of dust. Nobody likes to do a deep clean, so just put a sock on your hand and wipe away.
11. Clean stains off the carpet with an iron. Spray some of that vinegar and water mixture we mentioned earlier on the stain, then cover it with a damp cloth. Turn the iron on to its steaming setting and lay it over the cloth for 30 seconds.
12. Tape a dryer sheet over your AC unit to get rid of a weird smell in your room. Alternatively, you can just do this if you simply want a nice smell in your room.
13. Keep a bathroom cleaner and sponge inside your shower. That way, every time you shower, you can also spend a few minutes cleaning up a bit.
14. For those without a washing machine: if you don’t have any clean underwear but are too lazy to go to the laundromat, wash your underwear by hand while you’re in the shower.
15. Always keep some cleaning solution sitting at the bottom of your toilet brush holder. That way your brush won’t get scummy and gross, saving you from having to buy another one.
16. Here’s a tip on how you can prevent soap scum build-up: Soap scum is caused by the paraffin in your bar soap, so switch it out for some liquid or gel soap, or anything synthetic-based.