• October 6, 2022

16-Year-Old Shockingly Dies From Drinking Energy Drinks

A grieving Arizona mother is claiming that energy drinks were a major factor in the shocking death of her 16-year-old daughter.

Lanna Hamann was on vacation in Rocky Point, Mexico when her mother, Kris Hamann, received a call saying her daughter had died from a heart attack, according to KPHO-TV. Lanna was travelling with friends, who told Kris that the teen had been drinking energy drinks all day, rather than keeping hydrated with water.

On Saturday June 14, Lanna complained to the father of one of her friends that she was not feeling well, after a day drinking the energy drinks at the beach. Soon after, she suffered a heart attack and died.

In a tearful interview, Kris described the star softball athlete as having a “beautiful smile” and an “outgoing personality.”

“Obviously, this is something that could have happened anywhere, whether she was in Mexico or whether she was here in Arizona playing softball,” Kris said. “(Parents should) make sure they’re watching their kids. (Watch) what they’re drinking and (make sure) they’re drinking water instead of an energy drink.”

Due to complications with Lanna’s birth certificate, her mother had to fly to Rocky Point to sign the death certificate and bring back her daughter’s body. The ordeal has cost her $13,000 so far and the Hamann family set up a Lanna Hamann Memorial Fund to help with the expenses.

According to WBRC-TV, energy drinks are not usually a problem when consumed in moderation, but large quantities can become dangerous.

Read More Here

Related post