Obamacare Website Breached And Admits That 75,000 Americans Compromised

Obamacare just suffered another embarrassing setback.

Here is more from Washington Examiner:

Information from 75,000 people who use the federal government’s Obamacare website was hacked earlier this week, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services reported Friday.

Staff at the agency, known as CMS, said in a statement that they noticed “anomalous activity” in a part of the healthcare.gov site that allows agents and brokers to connect people with health insurance. The agency did not say who was responsible for the hack, but said it had followed protocol by notifying federal law enforcement officials.

The number of people affected represents a small fraction of the roughly 9 million people who enroll in the system, but CMS called the breach “unacceptable.”

“Our number one priority is the safety and security of the Americans we serve,” CMS Administrator Seema Verma said in a statement. “We will continue to work around the clock to help those potentially impacted and ensure the protection of consumer information.”

The healthcare.gov site is still accessible and open enrollment, the time during which people can buy plans or switch policies, is still scheduled to start on time Nov. 1. The agency is notifying people who were affected.

When people sign up for coverage they include information about their income and identities, as well as where they live and what their smoking status is.

Read more HERE

Sassy Liberty

Sassy Liberty is a political writer for the better part of a decade. She has been vocal for years on social media concerning the communist agenda that has infiltrated our country. She is an advocate for medical freedom, homeschooling, and defunding the woke culture. Do you want to stop the war on kids and defund the commie agenda?

More Reading

Post navigation