• September 26, 2022

Doctors Perform Emergency Appendectomy On Woman; What They Find Inside Her Is Shocking!

A woman was taken to the hospital with stomach pains and ended up getting an emergency appendicitis surgery on her. When they opened her up, they were astonished at what they found.

According to FoodPlease.com,

A Sub-Saharan woman thought to have appendicitis actually had a condom lodged inside her appendix.

The 26-year-old woman went to the hospital in Cameroon complaining of pain and tenderness on her right abdomen, the Daily Mail reported.

Scans indicated the woman’s abdomen was swollen with fluid, so doctors diagnosed her with appendicitis.

However, during emergency surgery, doctors encountered something that has never been reported in medical literature.


When the woman woke up after surgery, she told doctors she had accidentally swallowed a condom two weeks prior to her hospitalization. She said the condom became loose while she was with her boyfriend, and accidentally slipped down her throat.

The woman added that she did not seek medical attention even after finding pieces of the condom in her feces five days after swallowing it. She did not believe her symptoms had anything to do with it.

Doctors were shocked at the discovery. They believe the condom was broken down into fragments as it traveled through her gastrointestinal tract, with some parts ending up lodged in her appendix.

This woman should have had some idea of why she was having stomach pains after swallowing a condom. Luckily doctors were able to remove it before it caused any real damage. That condom travelled far!    

Related post