They are having Fidel Castro’s funeral today, and while much of the world is celebrating, many of the world’s leaders are broken up over it, including Obama.
Here is a brief list of reasons why we should be happy the S.O.B. is dead.
- Fidel Castro jailed and tortured political prisoners at a higher rate than Stalin during the Great Terror. He murdered more Cubans in his first three years in power than Hitler murdered Germans during his first six.
- Fidel Castro shattered — through mass-executions, mass jailings, mass larceny and exile — virtually every family on the island of Cuba.
- Many opponents of the Castro regime qualify as the longest-suffering political prisoners in modern history, having suffered prison camps, forced labor and torture chambers for a period three times as long in Fidel Castro’s Gulag as Alexander Solzhenitsyn suffered in Stalin’s Gulag.
- Fidel Castro also came closest of anyone in history to (wantonly) starting a worldwide nuclear war.
- Over TWENTY TIMES as many people (and counting) have died trying to escape Castro’s Cuba, as died trying to escape East Germany. However, prior to Castro, Cuba received more immigrants per-capita than almost any nation on earth—more than the U.S. did including the Ellis Island years.
- Fidel Castro helped train and fund practically every terror group on earth, from the Weathermen to Puerto Rico’s Macheteros, from Argentina’s Montoneros, to Colombia’s FARC, from the Black Panthers to the IRA and from the PLO to AL Fatah.
Again, this is but a very brief list of some of the facts regarding the atrocities that the Cubans faced under Castro’s dictatorship.
When I hear of the comments made by people like Jimmy Carter, Dan Rather, Ted Turner and Barbara Walters saying what a great guy he was, it’s obvious that he knew how to bullshit our media.
“Much more valuable to us than military recruits for our guerrilla army were recruiting American reporters to export our propaganda.” (Fidel Castro’s sidekick Che Guevara, 1959.)
The world will be a better place without him.