• April 19, 2024

Man Got Infection, Died From Pedicure At Suburban Salon

A man who got an infection during a pedicure last year at a south suburban Sauk Village, Illinois, nail salon had to have his leg amputated and ultimately died from complications, according to lawsuit filed Friday in Cook County Circuit Court.

Latania Peterson-Carr filed the wrongful death lawsuit, alleging that her husband Darryl Carr got the pedicure Nov. 13, 2014, at AZ Happy Nails, 1715 Sauk Trail in Sauk Village.

Workers at Happy Nails soaked Darryl Carr’s feet in a hot water and chemical solution, followed by a hot wax solution, the suit claims. But the suit alleges the solutions were contaminated and Darryl Carr’s left foot soaked for an excessive period of time.

He suffered “serious burns” to his left foot and leg, which then became infected and had to be amputated, the suit claims.

The infection and amputation eventually led to “other medical complications that ultimately caused or contributed to his death on June 4, 2015,” according to the suit, which also claims the workers did not determine whether their customer was at risk for an allergic reaction and did not inquire about underlying medical conditions.

Read more at NBC News 

Related post