As millions of Christians around America and the world celebrate the Christmas season, the War on Christmas has escalated to a whole new level. It is not enough that outgoing president Barack Obama has willingly aided in the atheists and ACLU’s open warfare on Jesus Christ, Bible verses, nativity scenes, and Christian holiday songs, but now according to Breitbart, there is a serious effort being mounted to assert that Jesus Christ never lived at all.
Obama entered his presidency and within a couple months he began to issue a withering number of executive orders that targeted nearly every aspect of Christian word, verse or appearance of the image of Jesus Christ. In fact, according to WallBuilders the critically acclaimed religious national organization that emphasizes the moral, religious, and constitutional foundation on which America was built, Obama is the most Biblically hostile president the nation has ever seen.
It is not coincidental that there is a renewed effort to attack Christianity and Christmas itself at the root. With the election of Donald Trump as the next president of the United States, the liberals, ACLU and renowned atheists like Richard Dawkins to kill Christmas by, “asserting that it is possible ‘to mount a serious, though not widely supported, historical case that Jesus never lived at all,’”
This fits very neatly into the anti-Christian and anti-Christmas cauldron of beliefs that Obama has used to stir the pot against the Christian faithful in the nation. With Obama exiting stage left and a powerful pro-Christian and pro-Christmas president taking the oath of office on January 20, 2017, Jesus and Christmas deniers are taking the handoff from Obama. After all it is not a newsflash that. Obama himself appears to be more comfortable reciting and participating in Muslim observances than Christian.
Judi Lake, Executive Director of the American Christian Civil Rights Movement, (ACCRM) stressed the need for Christians to continue to stand in their Christian faith and openly celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. “Christ is the reason for the season and it is more important than ever before to join with millions of Christians here in America and around the world in denying atheists and anti-Christians like president Obama an opportunity to deny Jesus Christ and the religious celebration of Christmas.” ACCRM Executive Director Lake added,” Obama tried to eradicate Christianity with his War on Christmas and Christianity, but Christ and Christianity has won the day.”
Consider the fact that with Obama’s relentless assaults have given atheists and the ACLU a head start in marginalization of Christmas. In 2013, according to Fox News, “The Survey of Hostility to Religion in America, which was published by Liberty Institute found more than 1,200 verified acts of hostility to religious freedom.” Many of these acts of hostility were part of the War on Christmas.”
The proof against Obama is astounding and highly disturbing. Examine WallBuilders’ facts:
- September 16, 2009 – The Obama administration appoints as EEOC Commissioner Chai Feldblum, who asserts that society should “not tolerate” any “private beliefs,” including religious beliefs, if they may negatively affect homosexual “equality.”
- February 2012 – The Obama administration makes effulgent apologies for Korans being burned by the U. S. military, but when Bibles were burned by the military, numerous reasons were offered why it was the right thing to do.
- October 2011 – Obama’s Muslim advisers block Middle Eastern Christians’ access to the White House.
- August 2010 – Obama speaks with great praise of Islam and condescendingly of Christianity.
- May 2009 – Obama officials assemble a terrorism dictionary calling pro-life advocates violent and charging that they use racism in their “criminal” activities.
- April 2010 – The Obama administration requires rewriting of government documents and a change in administration vocabulary to remove terms that are deemed offensive to Muslims, including jihad, jihadists, terrorists, radical Islamic, etc.
- May 2009 – While Obama does not host any National Day of Prayer event at the White House, he does host White House Iftar dinners in honor of Ramadan.
- 2010 – White House avoids traditional Biblical holidays and events but regularly recognizes major Muslim holidays, as evidenced by its 2010 statements on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.
These anti-Christian actions by Obama and his administration are merely the tip of the anti-Christian and anti-Christmas iceberg. No small wonder that the number of American households celebrating Christmas as the birthday of Christ has been shrinking. In a Pew Research poll Research poll survey from 2013, 51 percent of respondents said Christmas is “more of a religious holiday,” while 32 percent say it is more so a cultural one.
In that same poll adults ages 18–29, only a 39 percent minority say they celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday; among those 65 and up, 66 percent say the same.
In the end, perhaps Dr. James Kennedy, a Christian leader and well regarded theologian offers the defense against those who wage war on Christianity and Christmas. He has written: “The evidence is all on Christianity’s side. Let’s take a tally: twenty-seven books of the New Testament, nineteen pagan writers, and three Jewish writers testify to Jesus Christ’s historical reality,” reports Breitbart. He added, “But the historical record is as conclusive as we could possibly hope for, and much better than the record of many people whose existence no one doubts.”
Merry Christmas to the Son of God and to the beginning of the end of the War on Christmas here and around the world.